Wallowa County producers can expect to receive financial assistance for crop losses through the Crop Disaster Program (CDP), launched by the U. S. Department of Agriculture last month. According to Larry Frey, State Executive Director for the Oregon Farm Service Agency (FSA), CDP is available to producers with qualifying crops losses for the 2001 or 2002 crop years.

"We (FSA) recognize the hardships caused by natural disasters and believe this program will allow farmers and ranchers to regain some of their lost income," said Frey.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.